Sunday, July 17, 2016

Boston butt leftovers with biscuits modified

Ok so time to finish up the left over boston butt we cooked. How you might ask well tonight the meat isn't the star of the show. Its the bread and potatoes.



So these are the biscuits that I made the other night to go with the boston butt leftover casserole but I changed things up a bit.



Modified biscuit recipe since I doubled and tried other ways

4 2/3 c all purpose flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1/4-1/2 tsp salt (i used less)
6 Tbsp sugar 
2 sticks (1 cup) frozen butter (I used 1 cup plopped in by a knife since I didn't have frozen)
2 2/3 c buttermilk (or 2 2/3 cup milk with a little vinegar)   (I didn't have buttermilk or enough regular milk so I used  1 1/3 cup canned evaporated milk and 1 1/3 cup water)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix all dry in a bowl with a spoon. Grate your frozen butter into dry mixture and mix around until butter is all coated. Then add buttermilk and mix.  I had to add roughly another 1/4 cup of flour to get it to not be as wet. I decided not to make biscuits but to just pour it all into the casserole dish and bake. Bake for 25 minutes. Near the end of that melt about a tablespoon of butter in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt. pull biscuits out and baste with butter then bake another 5 minutes.  When they come out I cut transferred to a different platter and then cut them. They did kinda want to fall apart some but that was ok for us. 


***I also added about 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, a handful of fresh chives, and a handful of cheddar cheese***


On to the other star the potatoes. I started with a bag of white potatoes because that is what I had.

I wrapped each in foil and made baked potatoes.



After you get the baked potatoes the fun starts. You want to cut them in half and hollow them out.

Now in the bowl that has the insides I added cheese, bacon, chives, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

Smashed it all like making masked potatoes without any milk.

Now lets put those potatoes into a casserole dish and fill them with that mixture.

I baked them on 350 degrees until warmed and then broiled them for a few minutes.


Now for the meat. It was super easy. I just  shredded the meat, then drizzled some honey mustard bbq sauce and some tangy bacon catalina onto it. I covered the casserole dish with foil and heated it in the oven beside the potatoes. 




Once it comes out mix it up and ready to eat.  Just add sour cream to potato.



No comments:

Post a Comment