Friday, June 17, 2016

Week 1 of summer vacation

So we started our summer festivities before the kids got out of school. lol We all did some tie die shirts for fun and some for our camping trip.



I only got pics of hubby and 2 of the kids working on it but I do have pics of all of the finished shirts and the bag. Here is each kid with theirs and 2 other favorites but we did do more than this.








I also decided to make some dough nuts using a recipe from the  Pioneer Woman blog but mine didn't not come out looking like hers but man were they tasty.  I didn't do the regular glaze that she did we ate them plain round and I made some that I filled with buttercream. 





I also got a little bored and started playing around with a caramel candy and made a rose just like i used to do with tootsie rolls. I have to say though that the caramels are more finger friendly.


 Also this week our third oldest turned 8 and he wanted a camo spiderman and hubby needed some cupcakes for work. I used my favorite extreme chocolate cake recipe but I used a cup of coffee in place of the water. I have to say the batter tastes nasty but the cake is so yummy. I have used it with the icing recipe that comes with it and also with buttercream.





Well that has been the last 5 days for us here. lol Hope you all are having a great week so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment