Friday, June 17, 2016

Quickie Individual Chicken Pot Pie




Ok so I decided to buy some 10 oz ramekins and choose the ones from Pioneer Woman that come in awesome colors. Well hubby has been asking me for chicken pot pies and I was to tired the other day to do it all from scratch.


 So I bought a package of chicken thighs (that were on sale), a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, and 2 boxes of ready to use pie crusts. Well in the spirit of making them quick I used soup for the gravy type liquid that is in them and I had some already at home.

 First thing I did was pop the chicken thighs (boneless work best or can be done with leftover chicken)  and popped them into the crock pot on high for 3 hours or so. Time will vary based on how your crock pot cooks mine is faster than some.

 Once the chicken was done cooking I let it cool enough that I didn't get burnt when shredding it with my fingers. In a large bowl shred your chicken, dump in frozen mixed vegetables (cause I am to lazy to thaw), a large can of cream of chicken soup, little cracked black pepper, and a small can of cream of mushroom or celery ( I used celery cause that was what I had). Mix all of that up with a spoon and we r ready to put into ramekins.

 I filled the ramekins (all but one) right up to the top and sat them aside while I worked on crusts. Now I am also being lazy here and didn't want to have to find the right size cookie cutter so I rolled out pre-made pie crusts and flipped over the unused ramekin and used it to cut enough to cover the 9 filled ones and the one I'm cutting with. Fill that one and place them all on a large baking sheet. Put the crusts on top and brush with melted butter and cut a small x in the center of each to release the steam.

Now there was still some left over filling so I used some of my smaller ramekins and filled those following same method as the big one. I baked them on 350 until the crusts were nice and golden brown.





So quick to make and tasted so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment